- What happened 74 years ago today?
- What is the greatest moment in sports history?
- What happened on this day in sports history?
- What happened 33 years ago today?
- What happened 51 years ago today?
- What is the #1 sport in the world?
- What are some good sports trivia questions?
- What is the least popular sport?
- What is the hardest sport in the world?
What happened 74 years ago today?
It is 74 years ago today that Allied troops stormed the Normandy coast, kicking off the liberation of Nazi-dominated Western Europe..
What is the greatest moment in sports history?
1. Miracle on Ice. The 1980 “Miracle On Ice” was quite frankly the greatest moment in the history of sports, along with the greatest upset in the history of sports as well.
What happened on this day in sports history?
Today in Sports History @ On-This-Day.com. 1927 – The East-West Shrine football game featured numbers on both the front and back of players� jerseys. 1928 – Johnny Weissmuller announced his retirement from amateur swimming. At the time he held all world swimming records for free-style swimming from 50 to 880 yards.
What happened 33 years ago today?
Today marks a sad anniversary in U.S. history, 33 years ago today the American space shuttle Challenger exploded shortly after liftoff in Cape Canaveral.
What happened 51 years ago today?
July 20, 2020 at 10:54 a.m. History was made on this day more than half a century ago when two American astronauts walked on the moon. A mission many doubted was possible became reality for Neil Armstrong — the first man to walk on the moon — and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, who joined him 19 minutes later.
What is the #1 sport in the world?
SoccerSoccer is the world’s most popular sport. It is played by more than 20 million people in more than 140 countries.
What are some good sports trivia questions?
General Sports Trivia QuestionsWhat’s the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches? … How big is an Olympic sized swimming pool in meters? … In professional basketball, how high is the basketball hoop from the ground? … How big is a baseball? … The Olympics are held every how many years?More items…•
What is the least popular sport?
11 Least Popular Sports in the World1 | Kabbadi. Kabbadi is the national sport of Bangladesh and, from what I can tell, it’s a mix of rugby without a ball and red rover.2 | Motocross/motorcycle racing. … 3 | Fencing. … 4 | Polo. … 5 | Archery. … 6 | Sailing. … 7 | Canadian football. … 8 | Weightlifting. … More items…•
What is the hardest sport in the world?
Degree of Difficulty: Sport RankingsSPORTENDRANKBoxing8.631Ice Hockey7.252Football5.38333 more rows